US responsible for Molotov attack on Cuban embassy in Paris, FM says

Advertisement


A senior Cuban official took to Twitter on Monday evening to report a Molotov cocktail attack on the Havana embassy in Paris and blame the US government for its rhetoric after the country’s historic protests.

Three Molotov cocktails were thrown and the building and two made contact, causing a brief fire that was extinguished by diplomats, Cuba said. French police and firefighters intervened on the scene.

BIDEN MAY SEND MORE STAFF TO THE AMERICAN EMBASSY IN HAVANA TO SUPPORT THE CUBAN PEOPLE: SENIOR ADMINISTRATION OFFICER

Bruno Rodriguez, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, blamed the attack on the US government and its “continuous campaigns against our country which encourages such behavior and for calls for violence, with impunity, from its territory”.

The Cuban government has blamed the United States since protests erupted earlier this month. At first, Havana blamed Washington for orchestrating the protests, then criticized the embargo which they say is stifling its economy.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The Cuban Foreign Ministry published apparent photos of the scene and wrote that it denounces “the terrorist attack” and that “those directly responsible for these acts are those who incite violence and hatred against our country” .

The Cuban Embassy and the US State Department did not immediately respond to Fox News emails after hours.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

You Can Read Also

World News

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.