Trump Advisor Jason Miller Launches ‘No Cancellation’ Social Media Platform

Advertisement


Former Donald Trump senior adviser Jason Miller launched a new social media platform on Sunday, using the July 4 holiday to declare Big Tech’s “independence”.

Miller announced that the platform, which he calls “GETTR” and says it evolved from the idea of ​​”coming together” as a community on social media, officially launched at 10 a.m. ET.

FOX NEWS EXCLUSIVE: TOP TRUMP ADVISER LAUNCHES NEW SOCIAL MEDIA PLATFORM

“GETTR is a direct challenge for the social media oligarchs of Silicon Valley, and what better day to declare independence from their awakened tyranny than July 4th?” Miller, CEO of GETTR, said in a statement. “GETTR is the market for ideas. We won’t quash people for their political views, and GETTR offers far more features and better technology than anything out there. “

Miller told Fox News – which was the first to report on the new platform – last week that the July 4 launch was “very intentional.” He pointed out that this “relates to Independence Day … Independent of social media monopolies, independent of cancellation culture; embracing freedom of speech.”

On Sunday, he said that even though GETTR was only available for a short time during beta testing, it made it to the top 10 among all free apps downloaded from the Apple App Store and came out on top. ranked third among social networking apps. He added that GETTR ranked second among all free apps in Google Play’s App Store, before launch.

TRUMP AND GOP CANDIDATES ADOPT NEW DIGITAL PLATFORM TO PROTECT AGAINST ‘CANCEL CULTURE’

Miller pointed to what he called “the explosion of interest in GETTR” and stressed that the platform is not just for conservatives but “for people of all political stripes around the world. aren’t afraid of ideas that challenge our own. That’s what the online experience should always be. “

Miller said that GETTR allows users to post longer posts with up to 777 characters, will also allow users to post “clearer images”, post videos up to three minutes long, and have the ability to edit videos in the app. He added that by signing up to GETTR, users will be able to “import their existing tweets into this new platform”.

As for former President Trump, Miller told Fox News Thursday that “the real Donald Trump is waiting for him and is ready to go.”

“We certainly hope President Trump joins the platform, but I’ll leave it to him to make decisions about what he does,” Miller said.

Miller told Fox News that Trump is not funding the platform in any way.

“I hope he will join him, but President Trump is considering a number of different options,” Miller said.

The former president has been looking for ways to reach his millions of supporters after being kicked from Twitter and suspended from Facebook earlier this year. Trump temporarily tried to engage his base by starting a blog that is now defunct.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Trump’s ouster from the social media giants’ platforms has only heightened the feeling among Trump supporters and conservatives that Big Tech is trying to silence the online right.

Former Trump 2020 campaign spokesperson Tim Murtaugh is also involved in the new app, as a consultant.

You Can Read Also

Sports News

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *