The Haitian president pleaded with a senior officer during a raid: “Come save my life”

Advertisement


For about 10 minutes, Haitian President Jovenel Moïse attempted to call security forces to counter the morning raid that took place at his home earlier this month before his assassination, according to a report.

The Miami Herald reported that Moïse called the Haitian National Police commissioner and urged him to “Mobilize the people.”

The report said about 10 minutes had passed and there was no sign of security reinforcements at the scene. At one point he called in a “tactically trained officer” of the national force.

BIDEN TO STRENGTHEN SECURITY AT THE AMERICAN EMBASSY IN HATI, WILL NOT SEND TROOPS TO STABILIZE THE COUNTRY

“I need your help now!” He said, according to the newspaper. “My life is in danger. Come quickly, come save my life.”

There was silence and then the sound of an assault rifle, according to the report. When it was over, Moses was lying on the floor of his room. He had been shot in the forehead, chest, hip and stomach, and his left eye was punctured.

The alleged killers were made up of Haitians, Haitians-Americans and former Colombian soldiers. The shooting took place at Moïse’s home in Port-au-Prince on July 7.

The attack on the 53-year-old man “was carried out by foreign mercenaries and professional killers – well orchestrated”, and which they posed as agents of the Drug Enforcement Administration of the United States, said Bocchit Edmond, the Haitian Ambassador to the United States. .

THE WOMAN RETURNS TO HAITITI AFTER MEDICAL TREATMENT

The newspaper said he spoke with the McClatchy Washington office to “at least three people” who had received calls from the president’s home that morning. The newspaper said how the team managed to clear multiple levels of home security remains a mystery.

None of the president’s security guards were injured.

“When I send you to protect a president, I am not sending you to live, I am sending you to die protecting him,” a member of the security told the newspaper.

Police have so far arrested more than 20 suspects who they say were directly involved in the murder, including a contingent of former Colombian special forces soldiers. Other suspects were killed by authorities as they approached.

The Associated Press contributed to this report

You Can Read Also

World News

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *