Sheryl Underwood Breaks Silence After Sharon Osbourne Exits ‘The Talk’: ‘It Was Out Of My Control’

Sheryl Underwood Breaks Silence After Sharon Osbourne Exits 'The Talk': 'It Was Out Of My Control'


Sheryl Underwood is finally speaking after Sharon Osbourne’s release of “The Talk” last month.

The news of Osbourne’s departure came weeks after a heated exchange between Osbourne and Underwood, in which Osbourne expressed his support for Piers Morgan after leaving “Good Morning Britain” due to differing opinions on Meghan Markle following of the Duchess of Sussex and Prince Harry’s interview with Oprah Winfrey.

Further, the intense discussion led to a subsequent internal investigation and a disruption of the air before Osbourne ultimately retired from the show.

Now, on an April 3 episode of her “Sheryl Underwood Radio” podcast, Underwood has opened up in the moment.

SHARON OSBOURNE FIGHTS WITH RETURN TO “ THE TALK ” IN THE MIDDLE OF HIATUS EXTENDED: “ I DON’T KNOW IF I WANT ”

“Sometimes in life something happens and you say, ‘My God, if I would have just…’ There is nothing that I could have ‘just would have’ – it was going to happen, out of my control,” Underwood, 57, told me. “Sometimes you don’t want to know what you know.”

Since Osbourne left the show on March 26, Underwood revealed that the two had yet to speak and when asked if Osbourne had contacted her directly to apologize, Underwood quickly retorted, “No “before scrolling through her previous phone history to recheck. .

However, Osbourne took umbrage with claims from Underwood that she had not apologized and shared alleged evidence to the Daily Mail in the form of screenshots that the conversation had in fact taken place.

The problems for Sharon Osbourne began after expressing his support for Piers Morgan when he questioned the legitimacy of Meghan Markle's claims during her interview with Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey.

The problems for Sharon Osbourne began after expressing his support for Piers Morgan when he questioned the legitimacy of Meghan Markle’s claims during her interview with Prince Harry and Oprah Winfrey.
(Getty Images)

“I not only sent these messages to Sheryl, but I apologized to her in person in her dressing room,” Osbourne told the paper on Tuesday. “Why are you saying I never apologized Sheryl? What are you trying to do to me?”

Osbourne continued, “Why are you trying to destroy my reputation? Be honest. Tell me.”

SHARON OSBOURNE ‘BITLY DISAPPOINTED’ RELEASED FROM ‘THE TALK’: REPORT

In the alleged conversation between the besieged hosts, Osbourne wrote in a message dated March 12 – two days after the air spit – that her heart is “heavy” and that she is “deeply saddened by the events that have taken place. held on Wednesday. “

“I don’t want to lose my real friend for this,” Osbourne reportedly continued. “I’m sorry I told you to fuck during the break, I’m sorry I accused you of fake crying while we were live and I’m sorry I lost my temper with you.”

Sheryl Underwood Breaks Silence After Sharon Osbourne Exits 'The Talk': 'It Was Out Of My Control' (Photo by Matthew Simmons / Getty Images)”/>

In a statement to Fox News on Tuesday, the Osbourne rep said: ‘Sharon stands by her remarks. ”
(Photo by Matthew Simmons / Getty Images)

Osbourne reportedly went on to write that she “felt shocked, frightened and saddened by what [she] felt like a blind attack. “

“You know me. You know how I’ve always had your back,” Osbourne allegedly pleaded. “We outlived everyone on this show and that’s because we’ve always been a team and we support each other.”

Osbourne then reportedly wrote that she considers Underwood a “true friend” before claiming to extend an olive branch to the odd woman to “talk on the phone over the weekend” if Underwood wanted to. “I’m here. Once again from the bottom of my heart I’m sorry.”

Osbourne reportedly urged Underwood further: “Is there anything you need me or can do to help you heal? Always love and respect – Sharon.”

According to the Daily Mail, this message went unanswered for three days before Osbourne sent a follow-up text, dated March 15 at 1:45 p.m.

“Hi Sheryl. I know you’re taking up space and I don’t want to disrespect that,” Osbourne reportedly wrote. “I reach out because I want you [to] know i’m thinking of you. If you wish, can we speak before Wednesday? Lots of love.”

Three more days are supposed to pass before Osbourne hits to send another text on March 18th at 4:32 pm: “Sheryl, I’m thinking of you. I hope you’re doing well.

During the three-part Underwood podcast episode “Sharon Walks Away,” the comedian said that when Osbourne, 68, joined the popular daytime talk show in 2011, Underwood had “heard things About the former reality TV star – but maintained that instead of taking what she was told at face value, she chose to get to know Osbourne and the two became ‘quick friends’.

Sharon Osbourne, center,

Sharon Osbourne, center, “decided to quit ‘The Talk’ on March 26 following an on-air argument with co-host Sheryl Underwood, in purple. (Randee St. Nicholas / CBS © 2021 CBS Broadcasting, Inc. All rights reserved.)

“I automatically fell in love with her because I just love her. And I heard things and I thought, ‘They have nothing to do with me.’ My thing is, I’ll get to know you first, ”Underwood said.

The actress added, “I had heard things, and I got phone calls from this and that and so what I said to these people, I said, ‘Thank you for the information. ‘ Because listen, in this business you have all kinds of personalities, right? “

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Despite the very public fallout, Underwood said she “still loves” the Osbourne family “as far as I know”.

Underwood said she didn’t believe Osbourne was racist and was “disappointed” with the way things were going.

“I don’t know anything other than what I’ve been through with them, and this thing that has happened disappoints me.”

“And maybe people don’t want to hear me say, ‘I still love the Osbournes’. I’m not saying I liked to be treated the way I was treated, ”she added. “I’m very disappointed. And I’m just trying to deal with my feelings about it because it was a trauma.”

On March 26, it was revealed that the former reality TV star “had decided to quit” the longtime daytime talk show, according to a CBS statement and obtained by Fox News at the time.

“The events of the March 10 show shocked everyone involved, including the viewing public at home,” the CBS statement said.

He continued, “As part of our review, we concluded that Sharon’s behavior towards his co-hosts during the March 10 episode did not align with our values ​​for a respectful workplace. neither found any evidence that CBS executives orchestrated the discussion or blinded one of the hosts. “

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

In a statement to Fox News on Tuesday, the Osbourne rep said: “Sharon stands by her remarks.”

Representatives for Underwood did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

You Can Read Also

Latest News

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *