Celebrity producer Scott Rudin has said he plans to quit the Broadway League as allegations that he has intimidated and manipulated staff members over the years continued to mount against him.
Rudin, 62, has been accused of abusing his employees by several people claiming to have worked with him.
Earlier this month, Annapurna Pictures founder Megan Ellison described his behavior as “abusive, racist and sexist” after several people who worked with him told The Hollywood Reporter that he had physically and mentally abused people under his job and that he was not afraid to maliciously target the careers of emerging producers who crossed paths with him.
On Saturday, Rudin shared his plan to quit the Broadway League in a written response he gave to the New York Times. The outlet has released additional allegations regarding its alleged abusive behavior towards assistants, staff, interns and even stars of previous films it has produced, including Rita Wilson, Adam Rapp and Sarah Ruhl.
According to the outlet, Rudin said he was “deeply sorry” for his behavior and said he intended to resign from the Broadway trade association.
FAMOUS PRODUCER SCOTT RUDIN ACCUSED BY EX-PERSONS OF BAN AND ABUSE: “ A NON-RESPECT OF HUMAN RIGHTS ”
“I know apologizing is by no means enough,” he said. “Taking a step back, I intend to work on my problems and do so fully aware that many will think it is too little and too late.”
Representatives for Rudin and the Broadway League did not immediately return Fox News’ requests for comment.
According to Playbill, the league represents Broadway producers, theater owners and other industry leaders.
Last week Rudin released a statement sharing his plan to take a step back from his theatrical work.
“After a period of reflection, I have made the decision to no longer actively participate in our Broadway productions, effective immediately. My roles will be filled by other members of the Broadway community and, in a number of cases , by the list of participants, already in place on these shows, “Rudin said in a statement.
SCOTT RUDIN ‘will back down’ after bullying allegations
“Much has been written about my story of troubling interactions with my colleagues, and I am deeply sorry for the pain my behavior has caused individuals, both directly and indirectly. I am now taking actions that I should have taken ago. years to combat this behavior, ”he continued.
Rudin was to produce “The Music Man” with Hugh Jackman. In an interview this week, the actor opened up about Rudin’s resignation from the project.
“The most important voice we needed to hear was Scott Rudin, he has now spoken up and walked away from ‘The Music Man’. I hope and pray that this is a healing path for all victims and the community, ”Jackman’s statement continued. “We are currently rebuilding the ‘Music Man’ team and aspire to create an environment that is not only safe, but ensures that everyone is seen, heard and valued. This is something that is and has always been very important to me ”. concludes winner Tony.
The revelations in The Hollywood Reporter also prompted artist unions SAG-AFTRA, Actors Equity and the American Federation of Musicians Local 802 to unite in condemning the illegal harassment and harassment that creates a toxic work environment for workers. entertainment employees.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The revelations also prompted Tony Award winner Karen Olivo to step aside from returning to “Moulin Rouge! The Musical” once it reopened.
A protest march on Broadway also took place on Thursday. There is also a campaign to persuade the Actors’ Equity Association to add Rudin to a Do Not Work list.
Fox News’ Tyler McCarthy and The Associated Press contributed to this report.
You Can Read Also