Royal Caribbean continued its evacuation efforts on Saturday, a day after the island of Saint Vincent was rocked by another volcanic eruption.
Since the initial eruption on April 9, authorities have worked to clean up the Caribbean island and contain the damage.
Some 20,000 people fled to the northern end of the island for shelter.
THE COAST GUARD RECOVERED 2 ADDITIONAL ORGANIZATIONS OFF THE LOUISIANA COAST FOLLOWING THE MARKET DISASTER
Soufriere, the volcano, has only erupted a few times: Experts have compared the current cycle to that of 1902, in which eruptions continued for months.
British, American and Canadian nationals were evacuated on Royal Caribbean cruise ships, and hundreds of people were transported to neighboring islands for security reasons.
“HUGE” EXPLOSION ROCKS ST. VINCENT AS A VOLCANO CONTINUES TO RUN
“In addition to the 137 evacuees who disembarked in St. Lucia last Saturday, Royal Caribbean Group Celebrity Cruises will today evacuate 159 nationals from the United States, United Kingdom and Canada to St. Martin,” a door said. – Royal Caribbean speech to Fox News.
Evacuees were due to arrive in Saint-Martin by Saturday, anyone on board the ship having to present a negative PCR or antigen test.
Cruise ships also made much-needed water deliveries, along with other relief supplies en route.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
The U.S. Embassy has said people aboard cruise ships should organize their return trip from the island where evacuees disembark.
So far, no deaths have been reported.
Fox News’ Lucas Manfredi and tan Associated Press contributed to this report.
You Can Read Also