Queen Elizabeth makes first solo public statement since Prince Philip’s death

Queen Elizabeth makes first solo public statement since Prince Philip's death


Queen Elizabeth II released her first solo public statement since the death of her husband, Prince Philip, on Friday, April 9.

Her Majesty sent a statement of support to the people of the Commonwealth of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines after suffering a series of volcanic eruptions.

“I have been saddened by the destruction and major disruption caused by the volcanic eruptions in recent days, and my thoughts are with the many individuals and families who were evacuated from their homes and whose livelihoods were affected,” said declared the queen in her speech. statement obtained by Fox News. “I extend my thanks to the emergency services and everyone involved in the relief effort.”

“My prayers will remain with the people of Saint Vincent and the Grenadines at this very difficult time,” she added.

ROYAL FAMILY MEMBERS SHARE NEW PHOTOS OF PRINCE PHILIP WITH BIG BIG CHILDREN

Normally his statements began with “The Duke of Edinburgh and I.”

The La Soufrière volcano is located in the northern region of the island and has forced people to evacuate because of the ash falling on the town.

Queen Elizabeth and her husband, The Duke of Edinburgh, wave to the crowd on their wedding day, from the balcony of Buckingham Palace in London.

Queen Elizabeth and her husband, The Duke of Edinburgh, wave to the crowd on their wedding day, from the balcony of Buckingham Palace in London.
(Photo / AP file)

Prince Philip died on April 9 at Windsor Castle. He was 99 years old.

He and the Queen had been married for 73 years and he was the longest-serving husband in British history.

Since April 9, Queen Elizabeth has been in the midst of an eight-day period of mourning until the funeral scheduled for April 17 at Windsor Castle.

PRINCE HARRY AND PRINCE WILLIAM WILL NOT WALK SIDE BY SIDE AT PRINCE PHILIP’S FUNERAL: PALACE

“It is with deep sadness that Her Majesty The Queen announces the death of her beloved husband, His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh,” read the words at the time. “Her Royal Highness passed away peacefully this morning at Windsor Castle.”

Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has died aged 99.

Buckingham Palace says Prince Philip, husband of Queen Elizabeth II, has died aged 99.
(AP file)

Attendance at Philip’s funeral is limited to 30 due to coronavirus restrictions.

On Thursday, it was revealed that members of the royal family are required to wear civilian clothes at funerals, defusing potential tensions over who would be allowed to wear military uniforms.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The list of participants includes Prince Charles, Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall, Prince William, Kate Middleton, Prince Harry, Prince Andrew, Prince Edward, Princess Ann, Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie.

A doctor has advised Meghan Markle not to show up due to her pregnancy.

You Can Read Also

Latest News

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *