Princess Charlene of Monaco makes first public appearance since November amid medical saga

Advertisement


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Princess Charlene of Monaco braves the public eye.

On Saturday, the royal appeared alongside her husband, Prince Albert, and their twins, Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques, at the Monaco E-Prix. This is the 44-year-old’s first public appearance with her family since she was spotted in November.

Charlene opted for an all-grey ensemble as she appeared in a pensive mood during the engagement. Her cropped blonde mane was neatly styled and she completed the look with smoky eyes and glossy lips.

Previously, the Palace of Monaco released a portrait of the family as they celebrated Easter Sunday. The photo was posted hours after Albert, 64, was released from quarantine after testing positive for COVID-19 a second time. He also made an appearance at the Monte-Carlo Masters tennis final.

PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO IS A ‘WARM AND WELCOMING’ ROYAL WHOSE FOCUS IS ON CHARITY, NOT TABLOID REVIEW: PAL

Prince Albert and Princess Charlene of Monaco appeared with their children on Saturday.
(Daniele Venturelli/Getty Images)

“Having just been diagnosed negative for the PCR COVID-19 screening test, HSH Prince Albert II is able to resume all of his activities today,” said a press release from the palace sent to Fox News Digital. “Respecting the health rules in force after having tested positive for COVID-19 a few days ago and although asymptomatic, HSH the Prince had to isolate himself and work remotely in permanent contact with the members of his cabinet, his government as well as with his close associates.”

Last May, the princess fell ill during what was supposed to be a 10-day visit to her home country of South Africa. Instead, complications from a previous procedure tied Charlene down for six months.

After several corrective surgeries and a subsequent relapse, Charlene returned to Monaco in November. But soon after landing, the princess felt signs of emotional and physical exhaustion. After consulting with her doctors and family, Charlene decided to seek treatment. It was eventually determined that Charlene would seek treatment at a facility outside of Monaco. Reports speculated that the facility was in Switzerland.

Throughout her health journey, Charlene has stayed in close contact with her family through daily phone and video calls, People magazine reported. The outlet noted that at least one family visit took place over the holidays and that Albert visited his wife privately on several occasions.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Princess Charlene of Monaco with her children Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques during Round 6 of the 2022 Monaco E-Prix on April 30, 2022 in Monaco.
Advertisement

Princess Charlene of Monaco with her children Princess Gabriella and Prince Jacques during Round 6 of the 2022 Monaco E-Prix on April 30, 2022 in Monaco.
(Arnold Jerocki/WireImage)

Charlène returned to Monaco at the beginning of March.

In September, Albert criticized rumors spread by the tabloids that the marriage had been in trouble.

“She didn’t leave Monaco angry,” he said at the time. “She didn’t leave because she was mad at me or anyone else. She was traveling to South Africa to re-evaluate her foundation’s work there and take some time with her brother. and a few friends.

“It was only supposed to be a one week stay, 10 days maximum, and [she is still there now] because she had this infection [and] all of these medical complications have occurred. She did not go into exile. It was absolutely just a medical issue that needed to be addressed.”

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Princess Charlene returned to Monaco in March.

Princess Charlene returned to Monaco in March.
(Daniele Venturelli/Getty Images)

Albert admitted he “probably should have addressed” the gossip sooner.

“But I was focused on taking care of the kids,” he said. “And I thought it would probably be okay [away]. You know, if you try to respond to everything that comes out, you’re constantly [responding], you’re wasting your time. … Of course it affects him, of course it affects me. The misreading of events is always detrimental. … We are an easy target, easily hit, because we are often in the public eye.”

The famous athlete married Hollywood actress’ son Grace Kelly on July 1, 2011. The wedding was a spectacle, costing around $70 million for the four-day event. They welcomed twins in 2014.

Their planned public birthday celebration was canceled due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

You Can Read Also

Latest News

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.