Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and Prince Andrew will not appear on the Palace balcony during the Queen’s Jubilee

Advertisement


NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Buckingham Palace answered one of the biggest remaining questions about Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations on Friday: saying Prince Andrew, Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex will not be on the palace balcony when the monarch greets the public in June. 2.

The balcony appearance is a central moment in many royal celebrations, with the Royal Family smiling and waving to fans at home and millions of viewers around the world.

But preparations for ceremonies marking Elizabeth’s 70 years on the throne have been hampered by questions about whether Andrew, Harry and Meghan would be in such a public spotlight amid a sex scandal and family tensions.

Prince Harry, Meghan Markle and Prince Andrew will not be on the palace balcony when the monarch greets the public on June 2 at the Jubilee event.
(Kirsty Wigglesworth)

The Queen has now settled the matter, decreeing that only serving members of the Royal Family will join her on the balcony for a Royal Air Force flyover after the traditional military parade known as Trooping the Colour.

“After careful consideration, The Queen has decided that this year’s traditional Balcony Trooping the Color appearance on Thursday 2 June will be limited to Her Majesty and members of the Royal Family who are currently carrying out official public duties on behalf of the queen,” the palace said.

MEGHAN MARKLE’S FIRST ANIMATED SERIES DEPOSITED BY NETFLIX

The decision comes amid a debate over Andrew’s status after reaching a multi-million pound settlement with a woman who accused him of sexual exploitation.

A view showing the balcony of Buckingham Palace in London, Friday, May 6, 2022. Buckingham Palace answered one of the biggest remaining questions about Queen Elizabeth II's Platinum Jubilee celebrations on Friday: to say that the Prince Andrew, Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex will not be on the palace balcony when the monarch greets the public on June 2.
Advertisement

A view showing the balcony of Buckingham Palace in London, Friday, May 6, 2022. Buckingham Palace answered one of the biggest remaining questions about Queen Elizabeth II’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations on Friday: to say that the Prince Andrew, Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex will not be on the palace balcony when the monarch greets the public on June 2.
(AP Photo/Kirsty Wigglesworth)

Andrew has stepped down from royal duties and been stripped of his honorary military titles amid scandal over allegations and his links to late sex offender Jeffrey Epstein.

PRINCE HARRY AND MEGHAN MARKLE HIRE OBAMA’S FORMER BODYGUARD

Yet the British media were inundated with reports that Andrew wanted a public role in Jubilee after settling the lawsuit.

Harry also left open the possibility of a balcony appearance during an interview with NBC last month, although he said “security issues and all” could complicate such a decision.

Harry and Meghan, also known as the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, stepped away from frontline royal duties and moved to California in 2020. They are locked in a legal battle with the UK Home Office over security arrangements when traveling to the UK.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

As plans for the Jubilee began to take shape, Harry and Meghan announced on Friday that they would be heading to the UK for the festivities.

“Prince Harry and Meghan, the Duke and Duchess of Sussex, are delighted and honored to attend the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations in June with their children,” a spokesperson for the couple said.

The Queen will be accompanied on the balcony by three of her four children and their spouses: Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall;  Princess Anne and retired Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence;  and Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex

The Queen will be accompanied on the balcony by three of her four children and their spouses: Prince Charles and Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall; Princess Anne and retired Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence; and Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex
(Yui Mok, AP, File)

Although Andrew and the Sussexes will not join the Queen on the balcony, as members of the Royal Family they would be free to attend other events, a palace source said, speaking on condition of a statement. anonymity in accordance with Palace policies.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

The Queen’s decision means she will be accompanied on the balcony by three of her four children and their spouses: Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall; Princess Anne and retired Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence; and Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex.

Prince William, Harry’s older brother, and his wife, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge, will also be on the balcony with their three children, George, Charlotte and Louis. William is second in line to the throne after his father Charles.

You Can Read Also

Latest News

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.