NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Sarah Ferguson would marry ex-husband Prince Andrew again if given the chance to live his “incredible life” a second time.
The 62-year-old spoke to Times Radio on Wednesday and spoke candidly about her relationship with the Duke of York, who has tried to keep a low profile following her sex abuse scandal.
On Monday Andew, 62, missed the Order of the Garter, one of the oldest royal traditions. According to royal sources, “a family decision” caused the prince to step down at the last minute.
When asked if she would marry Andrew if she lived her whole life, the novelist replied, “Oh, yes. He is a very good and kind man.”
QUEEN ELIZABETH ‘INCREASINGLY CONCERNED’ WITH PRINCE ANDREW AS SOURCES INSIST ROYAL DRAMA BREAK: EXPERT
She also reflected on their wedding day. The exes were married from 1986 to 1996.
“And it was an exceptional day, July 23, 1986,” she said. “And it was just amazing. I think my life is an amazing life. I think I’ve been very lucky. And I’m just starting my life over again. And I think it’s kind of cool to be able to say that.”
According to multiple reports, Ferguson lives at Royal Lodge, Windsor, with Andrew. They are still on a family vacation with their daughters – Princess Beatrice and Princess Eugenie. Ferguson also remarked to LBC’s Iain Dale that they have remained close to their children.
“He really understands the art of communicating with me and building trust,” Ferguson said. “We really communicate, with compassion. I will support it. It’s an amazing friendship and not just co-parenting. It’s just real. Thank God the girls have [him]. He’s very naval and ‘that’s how it goes’ and a very royal life, and then they have the river flowing, which is me.”
Ferguson also pondered a fairy tale ending with her former husband.
CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER
“I think the happy ending is how we are today and how we lead by example with the ability to understand each other,” she explained. “I don’t think I would ever want to get into anything where I can’t just jump and [have] a feeling of freedom. I think it is [the] the key to it. I like to be free.
“I like to go to Poland tomorrow if I want to or if I want to go to Rwanda,” she shared. “I just like the way I am.”
In May, the Palace announced that Andrew would not appear on the balcony alongside senior members of the Royal Family for Trooping the Color during the Platinum Jubilee. The Queen decreed that only active members would join her.
Andrew stepped down from royal duties in 2019 following a disastrous interview over his ties to late US financier and convicted sex offender Jeffrey Epstein. The Duke and Duchess of Sussex, who stepped down as senior members in 2020, also did not appear on the balcony.
PRINCE ANDREW AXED IN JARTER DAY PROCESSION AFTER LAST MINUTE ‘FAMILY DECISION’ AMID SEXUAL ABUSE SCANDAL
During Trooping the Color on June 2, the Palace revealed that Andrew would miss the thanksgiving service to be held the following day due to testing positive for COVID-19.
In January, the Queen stripped Andrew of his military title and patronages. He is still in line with the throne. He is currently ninth behind the two children of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle. However, Andrew cannot use “His Royal Highness” in any capacity.
Andrew strenuously denied Virginia Giuffre’s allegations after suing her. The American woman has accused the British Royal Family of sexually assaulting her while traveling with Epstein in 2001 when she was 17.
Giuffre, 38, reached a settlement with Andrew after a judge rejected the prince’s bid to have the trial dismissed earlier this year.
QUEEN ELIZABETH PRIVATELY SUPPORTED BY PRINCE ANDREW AT PLATINUM JUBILEE AMID SEXUAL ABUSE SCANDAL, SAYS INSIDER
In a letter to the judge from Giuffre’s lawyer, David Boies, a statement was included which said, in part, “Prince Andrew intends to make a substantial donation to Mrs Giuffre’s charity to support the rights of victims Prince Andrew never intended to denigrate the character of Ms Giuffre, and he accepts that she suffered both as an established victim of abuse and as a result of public attacks unjust.”
According to the statement, Andrew acknowledged that Epstein trafficked “countless young girls” over many years and said the prince “regrets his association with Epstein and commends the bravery of Ms Giuffre and other survivors who defended and defended by others”.
He also pledged to support victims of sex trafficking as part of showing his regret.
Giuffre claimed to have met Andrew when she traveled frequently with Epstein between 2000 and 2002 when, according to her lawyers, she was “on call for Epstein for sexual purposes” and was “loaned to other powerful men”, including andrew.
QUEEN ELIZABETH’S SON, PRINCE ANDREW, ‘HAS ALWAYS RECEIVED MUCH MORE’ ATTENTION FROM THE MONARCH, BOOK CLAIMS
Her lawsuit said she suffered significant emotional and psychological distress and harm. She claimed to have had sex with Andrew three times: in London on a trip in 2001, at Epstein’s New York mansion when she was 17, and in the Virgin Islands when she was 18 year.
Andrew has repeatedly denied Giuffre’s claims and said he does not recall ever meeting her, although a photograph of Giuffre and Andrew together in a London townhouse, his arm around her stomach naked, was included in Giuffre’s lawsuit against him.
Inconsistencies in her statements over the years that would have been pointed out by Andrew’s lawyers at trial may have motivated her, in part, to settle, although she explained them as innocent mistakes that occurred during recalling traumatic events years later.
Andrew has spent years fighting concerns over his ties to Epstein, who killed himself aged 66 in 2019 in a federal prison in Manhattan while awaiting trial on sex trafficking charges. Epstein’s longtime girlfriend, Ghislaine Maxwell, was found guilty of related charges.
PRINCE ANDREW’S EX-WIFE SARAH FERGUSON, DUCHESS OF YORK, ANNOUNCES BOOK DEAL: ‘I WANTED TO SHARE MY STORY’
A settlement of his lawsuit against Andrew follows agreements made by Giuffre years ago to resolve separate lawsuits against Maxwell and Epstein. It was recently revealed that Epstein settled for $500,000.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
You Can Read Also