Premier League approves proposed Chelsea takeover by Boehly-led consortium | Soccer News

Advertisement

[ad_1]

The Boehly-Clearlake consortium, which agreed terms to acquire Chelsea for 4.25 billion pounds ($5.33 billion) earlier this month, has passed the test of Premier League owners and directors, the league announced on Tuesday, paving the way for the takeover of the club.
The proposal must also be approved by the UK government before the consortium can complete the acquisition, with one week remaining before the club’s current operating license expires on May 31.
“The board has applied the Premier League’s Owners and Directors Test (OADT) to all potential directors and has undertaken the necessary due diligence,” the league said in a statement.
“The Consortium members buying the club are affiliates of Clearlake Capital Group, LP, Todd Boehly, Hansjorg Wyss and Mark Walter.”
“Chelsea FC will now work with the relevant governments to secure the necessary licenses to complete the takeover.”
The UK government is expected to approve the sale after Chelsea owner Roman Abramovich assured he would not benefit from the deal, a source familiar with the matter told Reuters.



[ad_2]

You Can Read Also

Politics News

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.