Ozzy Osbourne’s daughter Aimee ‘lucky to be alive’ after escaping fatal LA studio fire | Ents & Arts News

Advertisement


Ozzy Osbourne’s daughter Aimee is “lucky” to be alive after escaping a fatal fire in Los Angeles, her mother Sharon has said.

26-year-old music producer Nathan Avery Edwards, who worked under the name Avery Drift, is believed to have died in a Hollywood recording studio fire.

More than 75 firefighters battled the blaze at the two-story property on Thursday afternoon.

Picture:
The fire occurred in a recording studio in Hollywood. Photo: AP
Advertisement
Aimee Osbourne and music producer Jamal Rajad Davis.  Photo: AP
Picture:
Aimee Osbourne worked in construction with a producer. Photo: AP

In an Instagram post, Sharon Osbourne said her eldest daughter Aimee worked in a recording studio in the building with a producer.

“These are the two lucky ones who made it out alive,” she wrote.

“It is truly heartbreaking that someone lost their life today in this fire and we send our prayers to this person and their family.

“What happened today is more than horrible.

“I really hope that in the future buildings like this will be better regulated for fire safety.”

The cause of the fire has not been confirmed.

Aimee Osbourne, a singer who releases music as ARO, returned to the scene of the fire on Friday with music producer Jamal Rajad Davis.

The 38-year-old did not appear on her family’s famous reality show, The Osbournes, which featured her rock star father ozymother Sharon and siblings Kelly and Jack.

Aimee Osbourne (far left) pictured with her famous family in 2002. Photo: AP
Picture:
Aimee Osbourne (far left) pictured with her famous family in 2002. Photo: AP

Authorities did not name the person killed in the fire, but the Los Angeles Times reported that it was Edwards, described as “a talented young artist, producer and engineer.”

A hip-hop artist named Maxxamillion said he lost his entire studio and $50,000 worth of equipment in the fire.

He told KABC-TV: “I opened the door, saw smoke coming from across the hall.

“I immediately reached out for a jug of water. I threw it at the door, the flames burst out.

“I tried to go back to my room and grab everything I could, but the flames were all over the place, and we ran out of the building, and that was it.”

The fire occurred in a recording studio in Hollywood.  Photo: AP
Picture:
More than 75 firefighters brought the blaze under control. Photo: AP

Those inside said they heard no smoke detectors and saw no sprinklers go off.

Davis told the LA Times, “I was my own smoke detector.

“I ran into my room and grabbed my things and left my door open, trying to call my cats to follow me.”

He said he tried to go back to save his four cats, but the smoke was too thick and he lost them all.

You Can Read Also

Latest News

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.