North Korea issued a warning to the United States after the Biden administration announced the completion of a months-long review of its approach to Pyongyang going forward.
Reuters reported that an anonymous spokesperson for the country said it was clear the United States was preparing for a “total confrontation.”
Jen Psaki, the White House spokeswoman, said on Friday that Biden’s team had consulted with officials from previous administrations to try to determine their best course of action. She said the goal of the Biden administration “remains the complete denuclearization of the Korean Peninsula.”
POMPEO REGRETS TRUMP ADMINISTRATION ‘HAS NO MORE PROGRESS’ WITH NORTH KOREA
Kwon Jong Gun, the director general of the US Department of Foreign Affairs, referred to the president’s earlier comments when discussing his approach to Iran and North Korea. Reuters stressed that Biden wanted to deal with the threat with “diplomacy and severe deterrence.”
GET THE FOX NEWS APP
Kown told Reuters that Biden seemed clear that he intended to “continue to pursue the hostile policy towards the DPRK as had been done by the United States for more than half a century.” .
Fox News’s Marisa Schultz contributed to this report
You Can Read Also