Meghan Markle’s father Thomas is ‘recovering’ from ‘major stroke’ in US hospital

Advertisement

[ad_1]

NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!

Meghan Markle’s estranged father Thomas Markle is ‘recovering’ from a ‘major stroke’ where he lost the ability to speak following a medical emergency on Monday night.

The 77-year-old former TV lighting director, who lives in Mexico, was reportedly transferred across the border in an ambulance from Tijuana, Mexico to a facility in Chula Vista, Mexico. California, around 9:30 p.m.

Thomas had to “write his symptoms down on a piece of paper” because he lost his speech and required the use of an oxygen mask, according to TMZ.

Samantha Grant, Meghan’s half-sister, confirmed her father’s stroke to the Daily Mail: “My father is recovering in hospital. We ask for family privacy, for their health and well-being. He just needs peace and rest. pray.”

She added in her statement: “He just needs some rest. It’s a travesty how much he’s been tortured and how much he’s had to go through thanks to my sister’s contempt for the past few years. It’s unforgivable.”

Meghan Markle's estranged father Thomas Markle (pictured in 2021) was reportedly unable to speak after a "caress" Monday evening.  She was pictured at the Invictus Games in 2020.
Advertisement

Meghan Markle’s estranged father Thomas Markle (pictured in 2021) was reportedly unable to speak after suffering a ‘stroke’ on Monday night She was pictured at the Invictus Games in 2020.
(Background/Getty)

MEGHAN MARKLE AND HUSBAND PRINCE HARRY SHARE A RARE PUBLIC KISS AFTER POLO MATCH IN SANTA BARBARA

Thomas was reportedly set to travel to London for ‘the first time’ for the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations next week.

Meghan and Harry tied the knot in May 2018 at Windsor Castle, and Thomas missed the wedding due to a heart attack days before. It was revealed that Thomas staged and sold photos of himself to ease family pressure, and admitted he has since apologized to his daughter for the act of lapse in judgment.

During an Oprah Winfrey on “CBS This Morning” in March 2021, Meghan revealed that her father had been hounded by the British press and showered with gifts in exchange for comments and stories about the Duchess of Sussex.

When she asked Meghan if she felt betrayed by her father for talking to the tabloids, especially just before her wedding to Prince HarryMeghan replied: “If we’re going to use the word betrayal it’s because when I asked him, when the communications team told us the story was coming out, we called my dad and I asked him and he said, ‘No, absolutely not.'”

Meghan said she tried to reason with him: “I just need you to tell me, if you tell me the truth, we can help you. And he couldn’t do that…it really resonated for me as a mother.”

“I watch Archie and I can’t imagine doing anything to hurt my child. I can’t reconcile that,” Meghan added.

PRINCE WILLIAM AND KATE MIDDLETON TO LEAD THE QUEEN’S PLATINUM JUBILEE CELEBRATIONS

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry married in 2018 at Windsor Castle, where her father Thomas missed the nuptials after suffering a heart attack.  Pictured in 2019.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry married in 2018 at Windsor Castle, where her father Thomas missed the nuptials after suffering a heart attack. Pictured in 2019.
(AP, File)

“Everyone is accountable. Look [the tabloids] stalked my mother. You never heard her say a word. She stood in silent dignity for four years watching me go through this,” Meghan described.

Earlier this month, Buckingham Palace announced that the Duke and Duchess of Sussex will attend Platinum Jubilee celebrations across the pond. However, with Prince Andrew, they will not be on the palace balcony when queen elizabeth welcomes the public on June 2 as they do not work in the royal family.

“After careful consideration, The Queen has decided that this year’s traditional Balcony Trooping the Color appearance on Thursday, June 2, will be limited to Her Majesty and members of the Royal Family currently carrying out official public duties on behalf of the queen,” the palace said.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Harry and Meghan have stepped away from their frontline royal duties and moved to California in 2020. They are locked in a legal battle with the UK Home Office over security arrangements when traveling to the UK United.

As plans for the Jubilee began to take shape, Harry and Meghan announced that they were ‘excited and honored to attend the Queen’s Platinum Jubilee celebrations’ and would be traveling to the UK for the festivities with their children, Archie, three, and Lilibet, who will turn one on June 4.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will travel to the UK with their two children for the Queen's Jubilee celebrations.

Meghan Markle and Prince Harry will travel to the UK with their two children for the Queen’s Jubilee celebrations.
(AP Photo/Seth Wenig)

The Queen’s decision means she will be accompanied on the balcony by three of her four children and their spouses: Prince Charles and Camilla, Duchess of Cornwall; Princess Anne and retired Vice Admiral Timothy Laurence; and Prince Edward and Sophie, Countess of Wessex.

Prince William, Harry’s older brother, and his wife, Kate, Duchess of Cambridge, will also be on the balcony with their three children, George, Charlotte and Louis. William is second in line to the throne after his father Charles.

Prince Andrew, the disgraced Duke of Yorkwould join his mother for another special occasion.

The 62-year-old is expected to attend Garter Day alongside Queen Elizabeth and other senior members of the British Royal Family. It will also be listed in the court circular the following day, the UK Times reported on Monday.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

A representative for Meghan Markle did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

[ad_2]

You Can Read Also

Latest News

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.