Meghan Markle and Prince Harry to have ‘awkward’ conversation with Queen Elizabeth after angering the palace: source

Advertisement

[ad_1]

EXCLUSIVE: It’s unclear if Queen Elizabeth II contacted her grandson and wife after their bombshell reveal with Oprah Winfrey, but a royal expert suspects their interview will be far from pleasant.

“The Queen is a strong woman who understands the importance of duty and service,” Nick Bullen told Fox News. “She never, ever released dirty laundry in public. And I think any conversations that take place, whether now or about to take place, will be a very awkward conversation because the way Harry and Meghan behaved is a total stranger. the queen. “

Bullen is the co-founder and editor-in-chief of True Royalty TV. The award-winning documentary filmmaker has been directing shows about the royal family for almost 20 years and has worked closely with Harry’s father, Prince Charles, for eight years.

Thirty-six hours after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s television interview with Winfrey, 67, Buckingham Palace issued a 60-word statement on behalf of Elizabeth, 94.

GAYLE KING BELIEVES MEGHAN MARKLE HAS ‘A LOT OF RECEPTIONS’ TO BACK UP CLAIMS OF RACISM

This image provided by Harpo Productions shows Prince Harry, from left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in conversation with Oprah Winfrey.
Advertisement

This image provided by Harpo Productions shows Prince Harry, from left, and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, in conversation with Oprah Winfrey.
(AP)

“The whole family is saddened to learn how difficult the past few years have been for Harry and Meghan,” read a statement to Fox News on Tuesday.

“The questions raised, in particular that of race, are worrying,” the statement continued. “While some memories may vary, they are taken very seriously and will be addressed by the family in private. Harry, Meghan and Archie will always be much loved family members.”

Representatives for the Duke and Duchess of Sussex made no comment when contacted by Fox News. Buckingham Palace also did not immediately respond to Fox News when asked if the Queen intended to hold a reunion with the couple.

According to Bullen, palace attendants wanted to submit a statement much sooner to crush the media spectacle that was coming from the explosive revealer. However, it was Elizabeth who reportedly waited to release the statement because she wanted to make sure the right words were shared with the world.

MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY: 7 QUESTIONS WITHOUT ANSWERING AFTER THEIR OPRAH WINFREY INTERVIEW

Buckingham Palace issued a statement on behalf of Queen Elizabeth II (left) 36 hours after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex's bombshell interview with Oprah Winfrey aired.

Buckingham Palace issued a statement on behalf of Queen Elizabeth II (left) 36 hours after the Duke and Duchess of Sussex’s bombshell interview aired with Oprah Winfrey.
(AP)

“I thought the Queen’s statement was totally brilliant and typical of the Queen,” Bullen said. “It was short, to the point and perfectly clear. Although memories vary, she wanted the world to know that Harry, Meghan and Archie are always loved. But I think the phrase ‘some memories may vary’ is the most telling. . Because so far we’ve only heard one side of the story. “

“How are the royals feeling today? I think they are probably heartbroken by the performance of the Sussexes, as well as what they have said and done,” Bullen continued. “I think they’re probably appalled to hear that the Sussexes have been treated so badly not only by their family members but also by the employees of The Firm. And I think they’ll be angry, in particular against Harry for speaking out on behalf of his father and brother, saying that his father and brother are trapped in this institution. “

Bullen said that although Buckingham Palace has already responded to allegations made during the interview, he suspects emotions are still running high among family members.

“I think there are so many emotions about how they feel as a family,” he explained. “If any of your family members are on TV and spreading dirty laundry, there is no doubt that you will get angry. It also damages the Windsor brand. It would be very damaging to any business.”

PRINCE WILLIAM RESPONDS TO MEGHAN MARKLE, PRINCE HARRY’S ALLEGATIONS OF RACISM IN OPRAH WINFREY INTERVIEW

American actress Meghan Markle became the Duchess of Sussex when she married British Prince Harry in May 2018.

American actress Meghan Markle became the Duchess of Sussex when she married British Prince Harry in May 2018.
(AP)

“What is particularly shocking is the fact that William, Kate and Harry have created a foundation based solely on mental health called Heads Together,” he said. “How can William and Kate be seen as effectively running this charity when their sister-in-law claimed she wanted to kill herself and the family and the palace did nothing about it?”

Markle, who is biracial, told Winfrey, 67, on Sunday that she was so isolated and miserable as an active member of the royal family that she had thoughts of suicide. The Duchess of Sussex, 39, also said Prince Harry, 36, told her that a member of the royal family had expressed ‘concerns’ about the color of her baby’s skin before their baby was born. son, Archie.

Later, off-camera, Harry made it clear to Winfrey that his grandparents, the Queen, and her husband, Prince Philip, were not the ones to question Archie’s complexion.

Harry told Winfrey the royals cut him off financially in early 2020 after announcing his intention to step down from his roles. But he was able to ensure the safety of his family thanks to the money left by his late mother, Princess Diana.

PRINCE CHARLES IS ‘IN LOSS’ ON MEGHAN MARKLE, OPRAH INTERVIEW OF PRINCE HARRY, NOT A RACIST, PAL CLAIMS

Prince Harry has said he can keep his family safe with the money his late mother Princess Diana left behind.

Prince Harry has said he can keep his family safe with the money his late mother Princess Diana left behind.
(AP Photo / Jim Bourdier)

He said his relationship with Charles had been affected. He even noted that the 72-year-old had stopped taking his phone calls.

“There’s a lot to work on there,” Harry said of his relationship with his father. “I feel really disappointed. He’s been through something similar. He knows what pain feels like. And Archie is his grandson. I will always love him, but there is a lot of wrong that has happened. “

Harry also admitted that he currently does not have a close relationship with his brother William, 38, heir to the throne after Charles. He took issue with rumors that he had intentionally blinded the Queen with his decision to go their separate ways. He suspected the rumors were coming from the institution.

“I never blinded my grandmother,” Harry said. “I have too much respect for her.”

QUEEN ELIZABETH AT THE PRIVATE QUIZ OF ROYAL SENIOR FAMILY MEMBERS AFTER MEGHAN’S CLAIMS HARRY’S RACISM: REPORT

Meghan Markle spoke favorably to Oprah Winfrey about Queen Elizabeth II.

Meghan Markle spoke favorably to Oprah Winfrey about Queen Elizabeth II.
(Getty Images)

Bullen said it would take time for the palace to recover from the interview, which was seen by nearly 50 million people around the world.

“The Oprah interview was the most explosive royal interview of my life,” he said. “I think it’s definitely bigger than Princess Diana’s Panorama 25 interview 26 years ago. In this interview, Diana had really only set her goal on the Prince of Wales and Camilla Parker Bowles.

“But in this interview, Harry and Meghan have targeted everyone. And even though they said they weren’t involving the Queen in any of this, it’s just not true because she’s in the head of the institution. They kept calling her ‘The Firm’ and she’s the CEO of The Firm. So what does that say about her? “

After Harry and Markle’s wedding in May 2018 at Windsor Castle, the royal family appeared to welcome the Duchess of Sussex. The couple were seen as offering a new, youthful face to the monarchy of an increasingly multicultural nation.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex currently reside in California with their son Archie.

The Duke and Duchess of Sussex currently reside in California with their son Archie.
(AP)

It didn’t take long for the fairy tale to break down.

The couple stepped down from royal duties last year and eventually settled in California, claiming they wanted to escape racist coverage and unwanted intrusions into their privacy by the British media.

During the interview, the Duke and Duchess said they were expecting a girl this summer.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

[ad_2]

https://freshbarnola.com/

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *