Kevin Spacey: Oscar-winning actor due in court after being charged with four counts of sexual assault | UK News

Advertisement

[ad_1]

Advertisement

Kevin Spacey is due in court on Thursday after being charged with four counts of sexual assault, the Metropolitan Police have confirmed.

The Oscar-winning actor has been charged over assault allegations made against him by three men.

The 62-year-old also faces an additional charge of causing someone to engage in penetrative sexual activity without their consent.

The alleged offenses took place in London and Gloucestershire between 2005 and 2013.

Met Police listed the charges as follows:

• Two counts of sexual assault on a man, now in his 40s, in March 2005 in London
• Sexual assault on a man, now in his thirties, in August 2008 in London, causing him to engage in penetrative sexual activity without consent
• Sexual assault on a man, now in his 30s, in April 2013 in Gloucestershire

Spacey is now due to appear in Westminster Magistrates Court at 10 a.m. Thursday.

Previously, the former Hollywood star said he would travel to the UK to face the charges, which he is expected to deny.

The Crown Prosecution Service (CPS) cleared the charges against him last month, but Spacey could not be formally charged until he traveled to the UK.

Police have confirmed that he has now arrived in the country.

In a statement released to Good Morning America at the time of the CPS announcement, Spacey said: “I very much appreciate the statement from the Crown Prosecution Service in which they have carefully reminded the media and the public that I am entitled to a fair and innocent trial until proven guilty.

“Although I am disappointed with their decision to go ahead, I will voluntarily appear in the UK as soon as possible and defend myself against these charges, which I am sure will prove my innocence.”

[ad_2]

You Can Read Also

Latest News

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.