ISL: Hyderabad script history with win over ATKMB on aggregate to book final date with Kerala | Soccer News



BAMBOLIM: Hyderabad FC advanced to their first Indian Super League final after beating ATK Mohun Bagan 3-2 on aggregate despite losing 0-1 on Wednesday in the semi-final second leg.
Roy Krishna scored in the 79th minute to give ATKMB a glimmer of hope but in the end it wasn’t enough for last season’s runners-up as Hyderabad booked one last date with the Kerala Blasters.
Hyderabad had won the first leg 3-1 thanks to goals from Bartholomew Ogbeche, Yasir Mohammad and Javier Siverio.
The clash at the top will be played on Sunday at the PJN stadium in Margao.
Hyderabad head coach Manolo Marquez fielded the same team that won the first leg 3-1 while Juan Ferrando made some changes to the ATKMB squad from last game, the still reliable centre-back Tiri being ruled out due to an injury he picked up. in the last game.
Kiyan Nassiri – who scored a memorable hat-trick in the Kolkata derby earlier this season – got off to a start.
ATKMB looked the more likely of the two teams to take the lead in the opening rallies, with the Mariners needing at least two goals to make a comeback.
Liston Colaco was proving to be a handful for the Hyderabad defenders as he repeatedly put Nim Dorjee Tamang to the sword with his runs.
Colaco’s industry could have paid dividends soon, but he buckled his effort just wide of the target after dribbling a few Hyderabad shirts inside the box. The local boy then tried to set Krishna up with a similar run, but Yasir Mohammad did well to keep the Fijian striker at bay.
There was no stopping Colaco as he passed a few defenders after the drinks break and took a knock on goal only for Laxmikant Kattimani to pull off a superb save with his outstretched leg.
At the other end, Aniket Jadhav fended off a golden chance to make it 4-1 on aggregate for Hyderabad with an assist from Yasir, nodding a free header from five yards wide.
The best chance of the half, however, went to Hugo Boumous who couldn’t stab home from handshake distance after a pinpoint cross from Prabir Das set it up perfectly, the Franco-Moroccan slipping in to touch the ball but only dragging his effort away.
Just before the break, Joni Kauko shot wide, to sum up half of ATKMB’s missed chances.
Hyderabad suffered a blow early in the second half when Sauvik Chakrabarti had to withdraw through injury and Sahil Tavora replaced him.
ATKMB continued to pile on one attack after another as Hyderabad sat back and defended deep. Ferrando took off Sandesh Jhingan and launched Manvir Singh, looking for goals.
There were huge calls for a penalty when Joni Kauko was knocked down by Akash Mishra, but replays showed he was tackled just outside the box.
The goal came from a likely source for ATKMB as Colaco again showed his magic down the left flank, bursting out that side to cross from the line at the far post where Krishna was on hand to tuck in from close range.
ATKMB threw in the towel in the final 10 minutes but that proved to be too much of a command for them in the end as they succumbed to a semi-final exit.


You Can Read Also

Politics News



Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.