Former Megadeth bassist David Ellefson breaks silence on sacking and sexual misconduct allegations


David Ellefson has broken his silence since Megadeth parted ways with the bassist over recent allegations of sexual misconduct.

The dismissal came after sexually explicit messages and a video surfaced online with a woman who was not his wife. According to People magazine, in his post on social media, which has since been made private, the 56-year-old denied speculation that he had “treated” a minor fan.

“Recently, a very private video was illegally posted on the Internet and false allegations have been made against me,” the musician said in a statement sent to Rolling Stone on Wednesday. “The actions in the video took place between two consenting adults and were recorded without my knowledge. I work with [the] The Scottsdale Police Department as part of its investigation into the pornographic revenge charges against the person who posted this video. “

“In addition, my attorneys are preparing a libel action against this person,” Ellefson continued. “This person will be prosecuted with all the rigor of the law.”

MEGADETH BREAKS UP WITH DAVID ELLEFSON OVER SEXUAL MISCONDUCT ALLEGATIONS

Megadeth released a statement that David Ellefson was no longer with the group following alleged

Megadeth released a statement that David Ellefson was no longer with the group following alleged “preparation” charges, which Ellefson has denied.
(Photo by Dave Kotinsky / Getty Images)

“I take this time to be with my family,” he concluded his statement. “I wish my band mates the best for their next tour.”

Scottsdale Police Department spokesperson Sergeant Kevin Quon confirmed to the media that Elefson met with police on Wednesday.

On Monday, Megadeth announced the dismissal on social media.

“We are informing our fans that David Ellefson is no longer playing with Megadeth and that we are officially parting ways with him,” said Dave Mustaine, founder and guitarist of Megadeth. written in a press release.

“We are not taking this decision lightly,” the statement continued. “While we don’t know all the details of what happened, with an already strained relationship, what has already been revealed now is enough to make it impossible to work together. We can’t wait to see our fans on the road this summer, and we can’t wait to share our brand new music with the world. It’s almost over. “

MEGADETH ISSUES STATEMENT AFTER DAVID ELLEFSON DENIED ALLEGED “GOOMING” CHARGES

Earlier this month, Ellefson attempted to clear her name on social media.

“As you may or may not know, some private and personal conversations and interactions surfaced online, posted with bad intentions by a third party who was not authorized to have or share them,” Ellefson wrote. in the long legend. “While certainly embarrassing, I want to approach it as openly and honestly as possible.”

“While not something I’m proud of, they were private interactions between adults that were taken out of context and manipulated to damage my reputation, career and family as much as possible.” , he continued. “The other party involved made a statement which you can see below. I thank them for doing so and hope this clarifies that the situation was not at all as presented.”

Ellefson accompanied his denial with an alleged screenshot of a statement from the woman he was allegedly involved with at the time.

In it, the woman admitted to recording the alleged intimate communications she had with Ellefson and called herself “naive” for sharing them with a friend without the musician’s permission.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO THE ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Megadeth's David Ellefson performs at the Zénith de Paris on January 28, 2020, in Paris, France.

Megadeth’s David Ellefson performs at the Zénith de Paris on January 28, 2020, in Paris, France.
(Photo by David Wolff – Patrick / Redferns / Getty Images)

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

“Yes, those video calls did take place, but I initiated them and I was never a minor, I was always a consenting adult. Nothing inappropriate has ever happened before that. was consensual, I am not a victim and I have not been treated in the least because I initiated it “, the woman reportedly said.

Megadeth quickly issued a statement on the situation, saying: “We are aware of recent statements regarding David Ellefson and are closely monitoring developments. When it comes to creativity and business, we all know each other. However, there are clearly aspects of David’s private life that he kept to himself. As this situation evolves, it is important that all voices are heard clearly and with respect. We eagerly await the truth to come to light. “

Mustaine founded Megadeth in 1983 and Ellefson was a longtime member of the group until 2002, before joining in 2010.

Ellefson has been married to his wife Julie for 27 years. The couple share two children, son Roman, 25, and daughter Athena, 22.

Representatives for Ellefson and Megadeth did not immediately respond to Fox News’ request for comment.

Julius Young of Fox News contributed to this report.



You Can Read Also

Latest News

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *