The government announced that it would deport the migrants to Rwanda in two weeks, on June 14.
The Home Office said it had started issuing official removal notices to migrants as a “final administrative step” in its partnership with the East African nation.
The Home Secretary said there would still be attempts to delay the process.
Priti Patel said: “Our leading partnership with Rwanda is a key part of our strategy to overhaul the broken asylum system and break the perverse business model of smugglers.
“Today’s announcement is another crucial step towards realizing this partnership and while we know that attempts will now be made to thwart the process and delay referrals, I will not be discouraged and remain fully committed. meet the expectations of the British public.”
The Interior Ministry said an initial group of migrants had started receiving official letters telling them they were being sent to Rwanda to “rebuild their lives in safety”.
He said the policy is designed to break up smuggling networks and stem the flow of migrants across the Channel.
The Interior Ministry did not specify how many asylum seekers would be on the first deportation flight to Rwanda.
People who receive the letters can challenge them in court.
The government has said those sent to Rwanda will receive support, including up to five years of training to help with integration, housing and healthcare.
Why are migrants sent to Rwanda and how will it work?
Asylum seekers “ready to hide” to avoid the Rwandan plan
First glimpse inside the center which could house Channel migrants
The plan, announced in April, drew criticism from MPs inside and outside the Conservative Party as well as numerous charities.
UN officials said the move would violate the international refugee convention.
Last year, more than 28,000 migrants and refugees crossed from mainland Europe to the UK, mostly in small boats.
You Can Read Also