Charlyne Yi tried to quit ‘Disaster Artist’ over James Franco’s allegations, accuses Seth Rogen of allowing her

Charlyne Yi tried to quit 'Disaster Artist' over James Franco's allegations, accuses Seth Rogen of allowing her


Actress Charlyne Yi says she tried to quit the 2017 film “The Disaster Artist” amid allegations of misconduct by James Franco.

The actress took to Instagram over the weekend to reveal that she had attempted to leave the film after allegations of Franco’s sexually predatory behavior made her uncomfortable working with him. The former “Freaks and Geeks” actor was previously caught courting an underage girl and was accused of sexual misconduct with women at his former acting school, which he denied.

“When I tried to break the legal contract and quit Disaster Artist because James Franco is a sexual predator, they tried to bribe me with a bigger acting role,” Yi wrote in her post. “I cried and told them that was the exact opposite of what I wanted, that I didn’t feel safe working with a fucking sexual predator. changed… when I literally heard about him abusing new women that week. “

She continued, “Predators will empathize, gas and say they will do better – all in order to protect themselves and continue to harm others. The catalysts are just as toxic and are also aggressors. women of predators. “

THE ACTIONAL SCHOOL OF JAMES FRANCO ACCUSED OF SEXUALLY EXPLOITING 2 WOMEN

Actress Charlyne Yi says she tried to quit 'The Disaster Artist' following allegations of misconduct by James Franco.

Actress Charlyne Yi says she tried to quit ‘The Disaster Artist’ following allegations of misconduct by James Franco.
(AP / Getty Images)

The actress continued to call frequent Francoist collaborator Seth Rogen for ’empowering’ him over the years.

“White men saying it’s not their responsibility when they hold Franco accountable, or when they hold Seth Rogen and the facilitators accountable. So who is responsible? Women and children who have PTSD of Franco? Or the future targets of abuse? “

She further called out Rogen for her appearance in a “Saturday Night Live” skit with Franco in 2017 when the latter hosted the popular sketch show, after apologizing for messaging an underage girl. She also noted that she shared her story on “The Disaster Artist” in light of Sexual Assault Awareness Month.

JAMES FRANCO ACCUSED OF SEXUAL MISCONDUCT BY 5 WOMEN, GRILLED BY SETH MEYERS

Franco has been accused of misconduct a few times in the past. In 2014, SMS conversations in which he tried to get a 17-year-old to meet him at a New York hotel surfaced. Franco acknowledged the problem at the time and apologized during an appearance on “Live! With Kelly and Michael,” according to Entertainment Weekly. However, in 2018 the Los Angeles Times published a detailed account of the actor in which five women from his now-defunct drama school Studio 4 accused him of using him to facilitate misconduct. sexual. Two of the women filed lawsuits which were settled this year.

Seth Rogen was called by an actress on

Seth Rogen was called by an actress on “The Disaster Artist” for allowing James Franco.
(Christopher Polk / Getty Images)

Franco has previously denied the allegations.

CLICK HERE TO SUBSCRIBE TO OUR ENTERTAINMENT NEWSLETTER

Representatives for Rogen made no comment when contacted by Fox News. Representatives for Franco did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

A few days before her post in which she revealed that she had tried to quit “The Disaster Artist”, she called Rogen for authorizing her friend in another Instagram post.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

Yi said that a mutual friend of theirs asked her to attend an awareness event by sharing her story of abuse. She noted that the person did not hold Rogen responsible for allowing Franco and claims the friend did not respond to her afterwards.



You Can Read Also

Latest News

Leave a comment

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *