NEWYou can now listen to Fox News articles!
Shanghai reported its first new COVID-19 cases outside a quarantine zone in five days.
City officials said three new cases had been discovered in the same family in Qingpu district, and all had taken three doses of the vaccine.
BIDEN ADMINISTRATION CRITICIZES CHINA FOR NOT ATTENDING UN MEETING ON FOOD SHORTAGE: ‘NOT SURPRISING’
The members had not left their district town in the past 14 days, but had visited at least four locations.
These locations, including a supermarket, have been cordoned off and disinfected.
The more than 200,000 people in the region have been tested again for the virus and all results have been negative.
The city government said plans to reopen China’s biggest city remained on track.
Suburban parks are due to open on Sunday, along with four of Shanghai’s 20 metro lines.
AS SUSPECTED COVID SPREAD CONTINUES IN NORTH KOREA, WHO WORRIES ABOUT MISSING DATA
Shanghai Transportation Commission director Yu Fulin said 273 bus lines would restart.
Until recently, most of the city’s 25 million people remained confined indoors or in communities, although more people have recently been allowed to leave their homes.
Residential complexes have issued a limited number of passes for walks or trips to the supermarket, although protective measures are still in place.
Shanghai’s weeks-long lockdown and Beijing’s “zero-COVID” strategy have drawn international criticism.
Many residents reported shortages of essential food and medicine.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
It all comes as the nation’s capital works to slow the spread of the virus there, suspending transportation and encouraging residents to work from home.
Some residential communities in Beijing are closed and people have been warned to avoid traveling between city districts.
Reuters contributed to this report.
You Can Read Also