One such reveal party in Canada traveled south after an explosive device ignited a small forest fire, authorities said.
The incident happened on May 31 in northern Alberta. A device, which was supposed to release blue or pink powder, indicating the baby’s gender, inadvertently started hell, Global News reported.
The flames reached about an acre, or about three-quarters of a football field, before firefighters were able to extinguish the flames.
Travis Fairweather, a wildfire information officer at Alberta Wildfire, said the couple responsible were fined the equivalent of $ 500.
A HATE CRIME CONDUCTOR IN CANADA WHO KILLED 4 MUSLIM FAMILY MEMBERS TARGET THEM IN FAITH: THE COPS
“While fireworks and explosive targets can be fun, they can also get expensive if you inadvertently start a wildfire,” Fairweather said.
Alberta Wildfire issued a statement saying that the use of explosive targets in protected forest areas is prohibited “without the written permission of a forest officer.”
Lately, sloppy evenings revealing the genre have increased.
In April, a New Hampshire man was accused of an explosion at a gender reveal party that was felt as far away as Massachusetts – and raised fears of a possible earthquake.
CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP
And in March, a gender reveal party in Mexico quickly turned tragic after a plane released a sign about a little girl who plunged into the waters off Cancun – killing two people on board.
Louis Casiano of Fox News contributed to this report.
You Can Read Also