Boris Johnson is recovering after minor nose surgery, according to Downing Street | Politics News

Advertisement

[ad_1]

Advertisement

Boris Johnson is resting after undergoing a minor operation during which he was briefly under general anaesthetic, Downing Street said.

Deputy Prime Minister Dominic Raab will take all “important decisions” that need to be made before the Prime Minister returns to work on Tuesday.

The Prime Minister’s official spokesman said Mr Johnson checked into a London hospital around 6am on Monday for what was a routine NHS procedure related to his sinuses.

Politics Hub: Raab in charge as PM under general anesthesia for ‘minor’ surgery

He was back in Downing Street shortly after 10 a.m., the spokesman added.

Mr Raab ‘knew about this in advance’ and Cabinet Secretary Simon Case was also aware, Number 10 said. The operation had been ‘planned for a while’.

Mr Johnson’s sinus problem was not believed to be linked to his COVID illness in 2020.

Mr Raab had then replaced the Prime Minister when he was admitted to intensive care at the height of the pandemic.

Deputy Prime Minister said later the virtual Tory party conference that he feared Mr Johnson was dead.

Regarding the latest hospital admission, Downing Street did not say whether Mr Johnson was on a waiting list.

He is still expected to travel to the Commonwealth Heads of Government Meeting, which is taking place in Rwanda this week.

Labor MP Chris Bryant tweeted in apparent reference to the operation – and the long waiting lists faced by other NHS patients: “Are routine operations in their backlog?”

[ad_2]

You Can Read Also

Sports News

Advertisement

malek

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.